The outer fabric of all our turnout rugs features Repel Shell or Teflon coating. This unique layer (shield) allows water droplets to bead and run off the rug, preventing saturation, working perfectly with the waterproof and breathable coating. Teflon also assists with allowing dry soil to brush away more easily without impacting the weight of the fabric.
OUTER DENIER FABRIC
WeatherBeeta ComFiTec turnouts are all made from durable fabrics with weaves to help prevent and limit tears and are tested to withstand horses' strength in the field while ensuring the safety of your horse is never compromised.
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec Ultra turnouts feature 1680 denier ballistic nylon for the ultimate strength.
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec Premier & ComFiTec Plus turnouts feature 1200 denier triple weave or ripstop weave fabrics. The triple weave (zig zag weave) and ripstop weave (cross hatch weave) strengthen the fabric and help to control and limit tears'.
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec turnouts feature 1200 denier & 600 denier outer fabric options with ripstop weave (cross hatch weave) to strengthen the fabric and help to control and limit tears.
WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE COATING
WeatherBeeta turnout rugs outer fabric is 100% waterproof. The fabric of all WeatherBeeta turnout rugs is bonded with a waterproof and breathable membrane that provides a barrier with taped seams to lock the elements out. The membrane stops water droplets penetrating the rug and allows the horse’s natural sweat and excess moisture to escape and evaporate quickly, keeping them cool, dry and comfortable.
The breathable fabric allows internal sources of moisture to escape the fabric. This is determined by the difference in concentration of water vapour (or humidity) between the surface of the horse’s body and the air outside the rug, as well as the physical resistance of the rugs fabric layers. The humidity difference is determined by your horse's warmth and activity level, which drives sweating and the climate around them.
We have a variety of warmth options available to suit your horse's and climate needs, for the right level of insulation.
Available Options Include:
- ComFiTec Ultra features luxurious lofty polyfill for ultimate warmth
- ComFiTec Premier Thinsulate features Thinsulate filling technology which provides lightweight breathable warmth for your horse without the added bulk, by trapping the heat to better insulate for complete comfort. Works with the Thermi-heat lining.
- ComFiTec Premier, ComFiTec Plus & ComFiTec ranges feature warm, insulating polyfill. Available in Heavy, Medium, Medium Lite or Lite options
Is considered a very strong & durable lining.
The ComFiTec Premier Thinsulate utilises thermal reflection to help maintain warmth and prevent heat loss, whilst allowing excess moisture to escape, keeping your horse comfortable in cold weather.